As an employee of Logan County Schools, all staff personnel must adhere to Board Policy 09.2212 and 704 KAR 7:160. This requires annual training on the following topics:
- Appropriate procedures for preventing the need for physical restraint and seclusion, including positive behavioral supports and interventions;
- State administrative regulations and school district policies and procedures regarding physical restraint and seclusion;
- Proper use of positive reinforcement;
- The continuum of use for alternative behavioral interventions;
- Crisis prevention;
- De-escalation strategies for responding to inappropriate or dangerous behavior, including verbal de-escalation, and relationship building; and
- Proper use of seclusion as established in Section 4 of this administrative regulation, including instruction on monitoring physical signs of distress and obtaining medical assistance if necessary.
If you are directed to complete the training, make sure to save all documentation of completed trainings for yourself.
CLICK HERE WHEN YOU ARE READY TO BEGIN THE TRAINING